Guide : Build a Custom Mac Mini in 2015


Building a Custom Mac Mini means need a mini-ITX motherboard which fully support integrated graphic card because I won't attach an additional graphic card. First you need to know, this is a tutorial how to build Custom Mac Mini which supported OS X Yosemite 10.10.
I really falling in love with Jonsbo mini-ITX case. So i will use the 1150 H97 motherboard from Gigabyte. It includes bluetooth and Wifi but only bluetooth will support natively in OS X. Then you should add a supported PCI-E wireless receiver later.
Gigabyte GA-H97n WiFi (mini-ITX).
For memory, I very recommend to use the Corsair Vengeance. It has better reliability and better performance. I attach 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance.
For the processor, I attach the Core i3-4370 3.80 GHz. It is one of Core i3 Haswell processor best seller.
Nobody said that Samsung 850 EVO SSD is not fast, so I always use it until this day.
You can read this article to find a supported PCI-E wireless receiver or this article to find a supported USB Wifi Receiver.
For power supply, I recommend you to buy Corsair CX series 430 Watt because it has low noise and also low power bills.

Attach all of them into Jonsbo Case V2s or V3+.



If everything is ready, now let's install OS X into it. For preparation, you can check this guide.
SHARE

Tedi Wicaksono

Hi. I’m the author of Macgazine.net. Subscribe this site to get everything about Custom Mac.

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment